11/29/13

Papa

My grandad passed peacefully in our home this morning.  It's hard to say goodbye to my last grandparent but thankful for these last days with him.  I have such sweet memories of summers at their house.  My sister and I are the only grand kids on both sides so we never had to 'share' our grandparents. :)
I'll always remember the garden he could grow especially the best tomato you could ever eat, riding in his truck, eating at their kitchen table with white bread as a side staple, and always watching the evening news while shelling butterbeans.  He thought the world of us and our babies.  Even in these last days he would reach for my kids hands and give a little smile when they came in to check on him.  I'm thankful for a sweet grandad with wonderful memories.


Papas 81st bday

Reid's 1st Christmas 

Reid's 1st Thanksgiving

1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

5 comments:

  1. He would always tell my mom he was so proud of ya'll and the fine men you chose as husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you at this time. So sorry for your loss. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss Brittany. I will be praying for you and your family. I'm glad you have so many great memories of him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read this! I'm so so sorry Britt for your grandfathers passing and sorry I'm just now reading this! Praying for your family in the days to come and Christmas without him. Let me know if you guys need anything!!! please text me. I'd text you now but my phone is dead and I'm already sitting here reading this. Praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such sweet comments!